What was it like to hang out with Jesus and actually touch Him? Mary and Joseph held the babe. Brothers and sisters grew up with Him. Disciples walked at His side for some three years. What was it like? I can only imagine.
Then He was gone. Back to the Father. Wow! Imagine the deafening praise of heaven when Christ retuned and took the throne? That’s when the Holy Spirit picked up His assignment—to come inside of you and me and reveal the new abode of the Lord Jesus— “Christ in you, the hope of glory”. Now God’s plan is for you and me to enjoy a 24/7 “first love” encounter with Him—Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and spend all our days, until our final day, seeking first His Kingdom and His righteousness and experiencing His incomparable extravagance.
The Book of Revelation contains a recipe of all the ingredients necessary for you to taste and see that the Lord is good. So good, in fact, that the best the world offers is mere gravel and mud in comparison. Here is our tenth study. Two more to go.
• When God Takes Revenge Against Evil (It is said that in the past century, more martyrs have died for Christ than at any time in history. They receive the reward of the faithful. But what terror awaits those who spill the blood of God’s children, if they fail to repent! Always remember that God gives His grace when we most need it—including grace and faith to die to self-daily so that Jesus Christ can rule our thoughts, words, and actions.)
And I heard the angel of the waters saying: “You are righteous, O Lord, The One who is and who was and who is to be, Because You have judged these things. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, And You have given them blood to drink. For it is their just due.” (Revelation 16:5-6)
• The Madness Of Rebellion (Learn to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit and never harden your heart when He speaks. The best way to hear God is to know and obey His Word—the Bible. Just look at the insanity of hearts that have turned to concrete and bowed at the feet of Satan.)
“And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory.” (Revelation 16:9)
MY REVIVAL KEY
• A Call To Vigilance (Some believers will shout “Glory!” at Jesus’ return, while others may be ashamed (see 1 John 2:28). Live as if He will return this very hour. Keep your heart pure through obedience to His Word.
“Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.” (Revelation 16:15)
MY REVIVAL KEY
• Called And Chosen (Never stop appreciating the incredible fact that you have been called and chosen by God Himself. How do we show our gratitude? By being faithful to our Lord Jesus and saying a strong “No!” to the self-life.)
“These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen and faithful.” (Revelation 17:14)
• Even Evil Must Bow To God’s Will (Don’t ever think that God looks the other way while evil multiplies on the earth and the devil and his children flex their muscles. The house of evil is always divided against itself. Our Father is sovereign and knows when and how to use the worst of hell and earth to accomplish Christ’s final triumph. Ask the Holy Spirit to use you each day to tell others that each is unique, special and loved by God. A revived life is a witnessing life.)
“And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled.” (Revelation 17:16,17)
• A Call To Separate From Evil (One day God will call out to His true believers to leave the houses of false religion. But in every generation, the Holy Spirit calls each believer to come out from the influence of the world and live pure lives in Jesus. Those who do, live as walking revivals and lights to others.)
And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. (Revelation 18:4)
• The Death Of The World’s gods The false god of America and the West (and the church!) has been materialism. The god of money has begun to fall. Look at how men cry—not to repent, but only because their riches have disappeared. Stay in love with Jesus, and the Holy Spirit will lead you in the use of your talents, time and treasure. “And the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise anymore.” (Revelation 18:11)
• The Joy In God’s Final Vengeance (It often looks like sin is the victor in our world today. But when God brings evil to a close, and those who practice sin are finally judged, all of heaven shouts for joy. Ask the Holy Spirit each day to fill and control your life. Then God will guard you from three barriers to renewal—pride, indifference and packed schedules.) “Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you holy apostles and prophets, for God has avenged you on her!” (Revelation 18:20)
To Be Continued