The Book of Revelation is more than about the future.
It is a proven recipe for how to live today in preparing for tomorrow. Here we have God’s recipe for the Church’s permanent revival – not just revival meeting with no lasting passion for Jesus.
In our first 11 studies, we have encountered the awesome resurrected Christ. We have tasted the sweetness of the first love for Jesus and how to avoid the bitterness of sin, compromise and lukewarmness. The rewards to those who overcome to the end hold our attention as we make God’s Word and prayer our daily nourishment.
Now we look at the best part of the “Revelation Recipe” – what is waiting for you and me when we all see Jesus. Since I have memorized the 22 chapters of Revelation, I review it every three weeks. I encourage you to read Revelation and review these twelve lessons at least twice a year. We may or may not see a world revival in our day – but you and I can be “24/7 walking revivals” in our world every day.
- Our Future Home (There is a future eternal home reserved for those who trust in Christ alone as Savior and Lord. Hallelujah, no foreclosures or evictions – because our home has been bought and paid for by Jesus’ blood).
“Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth,for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” (Revelation 21: 1- 2)
MY REVIVAL KEY
- When Tears are Wiped Away (One day – soon – every tear will be tenderly wiped away by our Heavenly Father. And four things will be destroyed and never touch us again – death, mourning, sorrow and pain.)
“And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)
- Christ’s Call To The Thirst (There is a thirst that only Christ can satisfy. That’s why no one or anything else can fill the hole in the heart of man that is reserved for only God. Come to His Word daily with a fresh thirst – and let the Holy Spirit use your witness to help satisfy the thirst in others.)
“And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.” (Revelation 21:6)
- The Greatest Inheritance Of All (Any inheritance you receive in this life ends when you die. But the inheritance God is preparing for those who love Him will last forever.)
“He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.” (Revelation 21:7)
MY REVIVAL KEY
- A Fearful Reservation (Speaking of “reservation” – here is one that you and I want no part of. Note the word “cowardly.” Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you afresh daily and to never allow you to hide the light of Jesus under a basket.)
“But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)
- Jewels That Need No Safe-Deposit Box (Here men will die for hold – then die and leave it all. Others place their jewels under lock and key – fearful of thieves. May you and I live simple lives where we live to give to others. Just look at what is waiting for those who love Christ – including a street of pure gold to be walked on by those with pure hearts.)
“The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.” (Revelation 21:21)
- When Glory Lights A City (While on earth, we don’t forget to pay our electric bills so that we don’t pass our nights in the dark. But what a day when even the sun and the moon are no longer needed because of the greater glory of God the Father and Jesus the Lamb.)
“The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.” (Revelation 21:23)
MY REVIVAL KEY
- Face To Face – With God?!! (There is one desire that you and I should have above all desires. That is to know the intimate presence of God more and more as we learn to spend more time alone with Him in our Bibles, prayer and worship. One day we shall behold Him fully – face to face.)
“They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads.” (Revelation 22:4)
- The Right To Eat What Adam Could Not (Adam and Eve were chased from Eden before they could eat from the tree of life and live forever in selfishness and sin. But in the new heaven and new earth, we whose hearts have been purified by God’s Son are invited to eat from that tree and live in His presence—forever!)
“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.” (Revelation 22:14)
MY REVIVAL KEY
- The Great Invitation (The Lord’s great invitation to man has always been “Come!” May He speak that invitation to others through you and me as we urge and encourage them to come to Jesus.)
“And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.” (Revelation 22:17)
- God’s Final Warning (God’s Word will live forever. Never add to it or subtract from it. Just study it, appreciate it, live it and share it.)
“For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book.” (Revelation 22:18)
MY REVIVAL KEY
- Christ’s Guaranteed Promise (We serve a God who cannot lie. There is only one wonderful way for Jesus Christ to close this book that reveals His love, power and glory. He makes a solemn promise that He is coming soon. And those who love Him answer with a cry that echoes to the heavens, “Come, Lord Jesus”. Until that day, we are promised His invisible presence and His G-R-A-C-E—God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense. Hallelujah! What a Savior!!
“He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20)
Reminder; now you know God’s Revelation Recipe for Revival—a revival that begins with you and me. Pass it on!